The common goal, when it comes to blue ecology, is to clean the sea. Initiatives that raise public awareness of the non-use of plastic are always on the rise. The great problem of marine plastic pollution has been addressed through the promotion of initiatives that clean up our coasts of waste and in particular of plastic. BlueMed formed the Hackathon group which launched a pilot project “Ideas and solutions for a Healthy Plastic Free Mediterranean Sea“
The BlueMed challenge through the Hackathon team has been launched and is aimed at a public between 18 and 30 years old. There is time until May 10 for those who want to apply by registering here, then from the 18th the course will start.
- May 18th: Start of the competition and team creation.
- During the first meeting, the BlueMed Pilot Staff will propose up to three challenges related to plastic pollution to be solved with an innovative approach. Participants will be split into teams and will be associated with a scientific mentor and a technical one.
- Remote teamwork and mentoring meetings. Teams will focus on finding a solution to the assigned challenge. They will work remotely online and will have three meetings with their mentors to discuss and validate the scientific background, the project methodology and support the pitching preparation.
- May 31st: Video Pitch submission. Teams will prepare a video pitch of a max of 3 minutes to present their project. They will deliver a video to be shown during the final event.
- June: Final Event. Winner team announcement, video pitches broadcast, and identified solution presentation.
Winners will receive the unique opportunity to be trained by a pool of experts in developing a business plan, and present it to investors at ECOMONDO Exhibition in October 2021, the most important event in Europe for technological and industrial innovation for a circular economy.