Referring to the Vebal Notice dated March 9, 2023 regarding the extension of the grant/funding agreement for the IORA Blue Carbon Hub, delivered by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) of Australia, for the period 2023-2025.
The IORA Secretariat would like to inform IORA Member States and Dialogue Partners that, the IORA Blue Carbon Hub Think Tank, in collaboration with the Government of Indonesia, proposes to hold a meeting to discuss Nature-Based Solutions for Coastal Adaptation to provide IORA Member States with an opportunity to learn more about the potential to implement and fund ecosystem-based adaptation actions.
The IORA Blue Carbon Hub presented the concept note setting the goals for the Blue Carbon Hub Think Tank Meeting on Nature-Based Solutions for Coastal Adaptation, to be held September 12-14, 2023 in Bali, Indonesia. Among the main discussions will talk about:
- Present the potential, challenges and successes of using blue carbon ecosystems for ecosystem-based adaptation;
- Exchange information on policy frameworks in support of adaptation actions;
- Provide a forum to discuss best practices in the use of blue carbon ecosystems for adaptation to the effects of climate change that meet the needs of IORA Member States;
- Provide an opportunity for IORA Member States to participate in discussions and build awareness and capacity in adaptation options;
- Encourage IORA Member States to think about practical extensions of the options discussed in their unique contexts;
- Identify critical knowledge gaps currently impeding effective implementation of adaptation solutions, for subsequent collaborative efforts across IORA
Member States and dialogue partners will be able to nominate a delegate by 7 August.