The Secretariat of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) has the honor to report on the preparations for the IORA Day 2024 which will be held on Saturday 9 March 2024.
IORA is pleased to announce that it will host in Mauritius an open fair, aimed at celebrating the rich cultural diversity of IORA’s Member States and dialogue partners. It will be an extraordinary opportunity to increase the organisation’s visibility in the region and strengthen cooperation between Member States and dialogue partners.
The Member State and Representative of the Dialogue Partners are invited to support and participate in the following ways:
- Food tasting and/or sale.
- Cultural shows – dance and/or singing.
- Exposition and/or sale of paintings, sculptures
- Exhibition of traditional musical instruments
- Exhibition and/or sale of handicrafts
- Showcase of traditional practices (for e.g traditional paper-cutting, traditional tea drinking, mehendi application, traditional cooking styles, etc.)
- Any other.
The Diplomatic Missions of Member States and Dialogue Partners in Mauritius wishing to participate in the activity/ies are kindly requested to no later than Monday, 15 January 2024