In the context of the fight against climate change, IORA presents the third phase of the workshops jointly organized by the IORA Regional Center for Science and Technology Transfer (RCSTT) and the Iranian National Institute of Oceanography and Atmospheric Sciences (INIOAS) in collaboration with the IORA Secretariat and the Blue Economy Working Group (WGBE).
The third phase of the seminar series on the effects of climate change on the Indian Ocean marine environment will be held from 20 to 22 February 2023 in Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran. The workshop is scheduled to take place over three days, including 7 sessions in two days and the third day is dedicated to the closing session and sightseeing in Tehran.
The aim of the workshop is to enhance the knowledge of Member States and share information on the impacts of climate change on the marine environment. The specific objectives are to:
- Promote sharing knowledge and findings on the effects of climate change on various aspects of the marine environment and ecosystem;
- Enhance capacities and skills of IORA Member States on the sustainable management and conservation of the marine biodiversity;
- Encourage international research partnership to invest in the conservation and restoration of blue carbon ecosystems as an important component for mitigating the effects of climate change;
- Increase awareness and resilience of IORA Member States on climate change driven disasters and damages;
- Design an action plan to address the impacts of climate change on marine environment and ecosystems, as well as its implications on food security;
- Motivate researchers to assess and validate their hypothesis on the climate change, leading to promotion of numerical climate prediction.
To find out the program of the 3 days of seminars click HERE